Notification of Oversized Load

When large structures, such as barns, buildings and pivots are moved, safety is a matter that must not be overlooked. Larger items pose major risks when they are moved throughout areas with power lines.

When loads are 16 feet tall, or higher, an Oversized Load Permit must be completed and submitted to all electric utilities through which the structure will travel. This is a requirement that was set forth with the passage of LB 973 in the Nebraska Legislature in 2016.

If you will be moving such a structure through Southern Public Power District's region, you must complete the form and submit it to our Engineering/Operations Department.

If you have questions, please contact us at 308-384-2350.